Monday, February 14, 2011

It All Started with a Mural...

This is the mural I helped painting when I was 5 years old
- many years have gone by since it happened.

I was barely 5 years old when I helped paint a mural at my grandpa's summer house over Lake Como, Italy. It was such fun! We spread pots of paints out on a table while my aunt sketched in a scene from a fantasy world with fish and boats and moons and stars on a white-washed wall. Then, we were given free rein to paint and step by step transform the blank slate of a wall into a fun, exciting, fabulous experience.

Lake Como

While painting my aunt used to sing a very sweet song that talked about a beautiful moon. Many moons have waxed and waned since that pivotal day at the working end of a paint brush. However, that first memory of such intense, creative joy is still as fresh as the paint was on that day. Thus, I'd like to dedicate this blog to all that is creative and to the many interesting tales of artists throughout the world :)

No comments: