Monday, January 13, 2014

January 2014 Design Shows and Trends

With the new year many design shows start again in the month of January. The Atlanta Mart, for example, has been on all week as well as the CHA Trade Show in Anaheim, CA; I've heard they were both fantastic, as usual.

The 2014 Heimtextile Show in Europe also brought us the latest textile trends and products and soon Printsource in NYC will inspire the world of design with new and exciting ideas.

I recommend you read the various blog articles that will soon follow these shows. Since I wasn't able to attend any of them this month, I will update this post with the links to all the articles that will be coming out during the week.


Update on links on the Atlanta Show from other blogs:







All shows can be summarized with a few key and inspirational words: mix & play styles, personalized art and handmade crafts.

I've myself been playing around with some art and crafts for the past couple of months and have enjoyed experimenting with different styles and paints on linen, leather and other mediums.


Watercolors on Linen - © 2013 Alessandra Colombo


Acrylic on Leather - © 2014 Alessandra Colombo

Acrylic on Linen - © 2013 Alessandra Colombo

It has been really fun to just let my imagination and creativity run free - and it has been giving me some interesting insights into my own path through both the art and the art licensing worlds.

More on that, soon! In the meantime, happy creating, everyone!

No comments: